Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I said YES!!!

Yep, it's true! It happened!

Corey purposed and I said YES! 

We're ENGAGED!!!! 

It all started (for me) on Friday, March 1. It was our 2 year anniversary and we had been planning on going out to a nice dinner to celebrate.  After I got home from school, I showered and got ready. I had found the cutest little black dress at Charming Charlie that ended up being perfect (love it when that happens). Not long after Corey got home and changed it was time to go. Our reservations was at Perry's Steakhouse at 6:30. I'm not going to lie, I complained a little because I thought 6:30 was too early and, to my knowledge, we didn't have any specific plans after. 

The restaurant was really nice and really dark. The fancier the restaurant the darker it is inside (haha)? Since it was a Friday during Lent, we both ordered fish and it was some of the best samon I've ever had! It was so yummy. It was really special to enjoy a nice dinner with Corey. Every time we go somewhere really nice we always joke about how we're not very fancy and how we always make a mess. Nonetheless, I'm so thankful that he's sweet enough to take me to nice places occasionally; it definitely is fun. So, we finished up our dinner and headed out. 

We walked around Sugar Land's town center for a bit (it's a really nice area to hang out) and then headed to the car. Next was the "surprised". He drove me around for 30 mins! At first I didn't think much of it, but after I realized we were going around in circles I started to get anxious. Finallyyyy, we pulled into the River Pointe parking lot (C's church) and he said he had to "run an errand". By this time I had no idea what was going on, so I just went with it. 

We started walking to the back of the church property where I noticed a path of candles. As soon as I saw that I went weak. I got so nervous and new this was it. From that moment on it all seemed dreamlike. We walked down the half lilt walkway (it was ridiculously windy) to a heart made out of candles close to the water (there's a large pond-like thing behind the church). Poor Corey. It was so windy and the candles wouldn't stay lit, but I was ordered to stand inside the heart and close my eyes. After a couple of minutes of Corey going through the bag that was on the ground, I finally heard him in front of me. When I opened my eyes he was down on one knee! Of course, tears came immediately. He said the sweetest things and said the words ever girl wants to hear, "Will you marry me?" In my mind I was thinking, omgomgomgDUHHHH!!! but I went with a tears streaming down my face "of course." He put the ring on my finger and, I swear, I have never seen anything so perfect.

We held each other for a few minutes and I continued to cry in disbelief. I'm pretty sure I kept saying, "is this reeeeeal?" After a little bit, out popped my sweet sister & brother-in-law to be. Brittany and Ryan were so awesome. They set everything up for us and took pictures. Oh! And remember I mentioned that paper bag? Corey had ordered some paper lanterns (like from Tangled) and couldn't find the lighter the first time around. So after we had calmed down some, we attempted. It was super windy, but we finally got it going and it was so perfect. A heart shaped lantern taking off in front of us. Perfect! 

We helped pick up all the candles and headed back to Corey's parents house where surprise #2 was. As we pulled up the street was lined with cars and when we got out and started walking towards the house I could hear lots of people. Once we reached the back yard a flood of tears came again! Our friends and family were there waiting for us! It was so special to get to celebrate with them. Corey's mom and sister did such an awesome job decorating and setting everything up. It was amazing. (Thank y'all so much. I can't even begin to explain how much I loved it) Of course, soon after, I asked a million questions and found out the real reason we met up with my family the weekend before and that basically every single person around me knew what was going to happen. Good job, y'all. Good job.

To our sweet friends and family: We love y'all so much. Thank you for everything you did in helping or being apart of this awesome experience. We can't wait to continue this journey with y'all.

My heart is overflowing. It's amazing to feel feelings you've never felt, yet waited your whole life for. I am so blessed that I met such an amazing man and even more blessed that God has called me to him for the rest of my life. 
Corey, you have made me the happiest girl in the world and I can't wait to marry you!

Thank God for loving each other. 

And now....the PICTURES! 


Before dinner



After dinner



































With love,
Deidre'

4 comments:

  1. D,
    I am so excited that God picked you to be my sister-n-law. I have prayed for you for so long! I cant wait for all the tradtions and family things that are going to be so much better with you a part of them.

    I love you so much! You are amazing!

    xoxoxoxo
    Always,
    Brittany

    P.S- Grayson and Ryan are on the same page as me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am so happy for you and Corey! I wish we could have been in Houston, but I was kept up to date by you (before you knew it) and Corey! When you were a baby, I prayed that someday you would find your soulmate and be the happiest girl in the world. Two years ago started the first chapter when you met Corey. On March 1, 2013, the next chapter was started! God has blessed you and Corey by bringing you to each other's lives; and He has many more amazing things for your future together. It was truly an honor to have Corey ask me, Memaw, and Popo for your hand in marriage. He is a very special young man! I am so proud of the young woman you have become. I continue to pray for your good health and happiness with Corey! Que Dios los bendiga hoy y para siempre. Te amo con todo mi alma u corazon. May God bless you both today and always. I love you with all my heart & soul! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Deidre, what an AMAZING proposal! I am in serious love with your ring! He did so good!! It's awesome that you have so many pictures to document it, too. You looked so gorgeous in that LBD...perfect choice for the best nice (thus far!) of your life :). Congratulations pretty friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gorgeous! Oh my goodness, I am so happy for y'all! He did a great job planning everything out and your ring is just perfect. Congratulations and good luck with all of the wedding planning! You will be a beautiful bride! : )

    ReplyDelete