Thursday, January 24, 2013

I did it, y'all!

It's true, I did it. I made the big move from the Alamo City to (how C would refer to it) Clutch City (Rockets fan, anyone?). 



images from google


Once I graduated I realized I could pretty much go anywhere. I was no longer bound to San Antonio. Even though I loved it and my time there, I knew it was time for a new adventure.  Aside from being humongo, I really love it here. It has so much to offer and there are so many fun things to do. Plus, where I moved to is a suburb of Houston, so it's far enough away to where I feel comfortable in the area that I'm in.


Next step. Start my teaching job in special education! Before graduation I started filling out applications to school districts in both Houston and San Antonio. I had a few interviews, which I was very thankful for being a December graduate, but one in particular has been my #1 choice. My best friend, Stephanie is a 2nd grade teacher at a school in the district we live in and long story short, we will be teaching in the same school very soon! 

God is so good to me and I'm so thankful for all of the exciting things that are happening. I just have to remember to continue to pray for patience and an increase of faith daily. 
This growing up thing can be hard!

With love, 
Deidre'

4 comments:

  1. Deidre'! Hi sweet girl! SO excited you started a blog and happy to follow along :). What suburb of Houston are you in? We're in Spring...hoping you're close by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany! I'm excited to be starting this too! It's such a good way to keep everyone updated, especially now that I'm so far away from home. I was so excited to follow yours also. You're a pro! I'm living in Sugar Land now. I'm not sure whether that's close to you or not, but I'm hoping so!

      Delete
  2. Deidre! I had no idea you had a blog!! SO exciting! Can't wait to keep up with you through your blog! Hope you are loving Sugar Land so far! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This thing is pretty exciting! Trying to get the hang of it all. Looking forward to keeping up with each other too! I definitely am loving my new home. Although, moving even further from home is kinda weird, which I bet you could understand, but nonetheless fun. :)

      Delete