Tuesday, February 19, 2013

String thing!

At the end of my last post I had a picture of my gift for Corey and promised more, so here it is!  It took me FOREVER to even think of something to get/make him, so when I thought of this I was so excited. I had seen this string art stuff all over Pinterest and decided I'd give it a try. I checked out some pictures of how to do it and just went from there. 

What you'll need:

any kind of board that is thick enough for 1 in nails
1 inch nails (I used white)
acrylic paint
stencil of what you would like to outline
mounting squares or painters tape
hammer
sowing thread 

Paint wood color of your choice

Use mounting squares/painters tape to secure the stencil

Hammer nails around the perimeter of the stencil -Warning! This is a long and tedious part.
Tie a knot around one nail with the string and begin stringing as you wish. When stringing, I wrapped the the string completely around each nail twice pulling it tight so it wouldn't come undone. I only tied the beginings and ends of the string. Warning! The string may break, but just tie it off and start with a new piece of string.
TA-DA!
Boyfriend APPROVED!





I was so happy to see the look on C's face when he saw what I had made him. He was so impressed. He even took it to work to show it off on his desk! 
This was probably one of the most difficult projects I've done, but totally worth it.
Craft on! 

With love, 
Deidre'

No comments:

Post a Comment