Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend fun

Here I am, Sunday night laying in bed preparing for a long a crazy week that's to come, but one thing is for sure....I am ending this weekend with a full and happy heart. 

Last week sometime C brought up going to San Antonio for the weekend and I didn't really think much of it. Once the weekend got closer it was a for sure thing, so then I started to think, "What are we even gonna do there? Should I make plans to see people? What's the plan???" C did say too much so I just went along with it. 

When we got to San Antonio we hung out with his sweet family and got to have a girls day with  his sister and mom on Saturday. We went to see Safe Haven (loveeeee), made a quick trip to Gruene (favoriteeeee), and had fun girl time (besttttt).  That afternoon we had planned to head out to my aunt's to visit. When we got there I had a huge surprise waiting for me. MY FAMILY!!!! C and my family teamed up to surprise me for the weekend. Being even further away from them is really hard, so you can imagine how happy I was to see them when I walked in. I immediately started crying, of course. Not only was it awesome that they surprised me, but it was also my sweet grandma's birthday. I can't even begin to explain how happy I was to be with them all together. 

Between getting to hang out with C's family and getting surprised by mine, it was perfect. I am unbelievably blessed with an amazing family, the best boyfriend (who helped make everything happen), and his sweet family. I could not ask for better. 
Thanks be to God for our families.

With love,

Deidre'

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, C is so sweet to do that for you! I know how it feels to live so far away from family, that is my one complaint about living in Denver. It's hard! I'm glad you got to see your family this weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete